Greetings one and all,
It has taken me longer then expected to write my next little article. Real life is a b*tch, with plans changing and time consumed. My priority in the hobby world is painting, followed by gaming, and in last instance blogging. So sorry folks; I don't know if I'll be able to do a weekly post or rather a more irregular interval for now. (probably the later)
But on to the business of the day, my Stirland Piper. It all started with me deciding to have a hobby night with my friend Koen. With a little less time and lots to talk about I decided to go for cutting and gluing rather then painting. So on to the bitz box and the quest for the next cool new project.
I see a lot of people (including my self) converting a fantasy model to a 40k theme, but i rarely see it the other way around. So we had a theme; converting a 40k model for Mordheim ... One of the models in my collection was the imperial commissar and with some bits and pieces, form my Empire projects I soon had the start of a piper.
To complete the job I made a dramatis personae for the model here
|top left; original necromancer; top right first attempt X years ago|
bottom left cleaned up conversion bottom right final conversion concept.
I even made some rules for Judge Johannes Wagner; not that I claim to be a rules writer or rules lawyer or anything like that. It was part of the challenge :)
so by doing this I completed one of my Bingo goals; finish an old project
My challenges are:
1. Convert a model with a freehand greenstuff sculpt. (7)
- I've got a funny idea for this one probably using Eisenhorn as a base Idea. (by the way; I just finished Magos (the last book) and it had some cool twists; nothing like reading Xenos the first time but quite compelling never the less)
- No idea yet, but that can't be to hard ...
- Gaslands would be the easy route here, but I've also got a more "alternative" idea ...
- Plenty idea's for this one; a museum being one of em :)
- The Jar beeing our place of honor for models on the table that did well or ...
- I could rig the Gaslands mini here as well, or maybe double an other project; but probably just do something extra just 'cus
- no idea yet :(
- step one; ... make some friends :D
- constantly having idea's for this kind of stuff; guess I'll execute at least one of them this year
- a hard one this is ... as I'm on the board of the club; helping to run this event and the next ... where do I find the time ... Lets see what we can do here :/
- The Hopper being our FB group; I've posted 2 GS convertions so far ...
- I knew this idea would bite me in the kneecaps one day ... Take a picture of another Goblin (club member) on a non goblin activity ...
- 1979 ... I haven't got the faintest idea ...
- I should be able to clear this with my Mordheim Judge ... (more on him soon :)
The local store asked me to paint up some stuff for there release party today. Unfortunately there package didn't arrive on time so I ended up painting a battle board and 1 sigmarine instead of 18.
For the time spent on it the results are fine. But for you "dippers" out there; don't dip gold. The dip washes off all the shiny stuff and makes for a dull brown look. So I ended up re touching the whole model, and still wasn't satisfied with the results.
Anyhow, here are some crappy cellphone pictures (had some real life work and deliver the goods on time)